The South Korean government raised the disease threat alert level to its highest on February 23, 2020. Here are the necessary precautions for early treatment and to prevent the virus from spreading.
Fever (37.5℃ or higher), respiratory problems (coughing, sore throat, breathing difficulties, etc.)
Potential risk factors
- Have visited, or lived in, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, or Iran within the last 14 days
- Visiting crowded or high traffic areas
- Touching face without washing hands after coughing or sneezing
Always wear a mask, cough or sneeze into your sleeve, wash your hands frequently
After entering Korea
- If you develop a fever and respiratory problems (coughing, sore throat, breathing difficulties, etc.) within 14 days after arriving in Korea, please call the KCDC Call Center at +82-2-1339.
- Wear a mask if you experience any respiratory symptoms (outdoors and at a medical clinic or hospital) and wash your hands thoroughly with running water for more than 30 seconds.
- When you visit a medical clinic or a hospital, tell the doctor about any recent overseas travel history (especially if you visited China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, or Iran within 14 days of developing respiratory problems, layovers included).
More information on coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Guideline: vo.la/iLjL (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Nepali, Lao, Mongolian, Vietnamese, Khmer, Russian, Thai, Filipino, Uzbek, Arabic)
- How to Wear a Mask Properly: vo.la/BZ0X (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
- Self-quarantine Guidelines: vo.la/DGel (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
- Guidelines for family and cohabiters of a self-quarantined person: vo.la/HPuq (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
- Guideline for Self-quarantine Patient: vo.la/LzKI (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
* In accordance with paragraph 5 of Article 76-2 of the Infectious Disease Control and Prevention Act, the records of individuals' overseas travel shall be delivered to medical institutions to provide information for medical diagnosis and treatment. No relevant information shall be used for any other purpose than infectious disease prevention, and such relevant information shall be deleted immediately after the incubation period of 14 days.